In this blog post, we will learn how to download and install VMware Workstation on the Windows 10 operating system.
What is VMware Workstation
VMware Workstation is a hosted hypervisor that runs on x86-based hardware with 64-bit Intel and AMD processors and on 64-bit Windows or Linux host operating systems. It is developed and sold by VMware.
It enables users to set up virtual machines on a single physical machine and use them simultaneously along with the host machine.
VMware Workstation Pro is a paid version, but you can try the full version for 30 days. It can bridge existing network adaptors and share physical hard disk, memory, processor, and USB devices with a virtual machine, among other things.
- Run multiple virtual machines, containers or Kubernetes clusters on a single PC.
- Ready for the latest releases of Windows 10 and major Linux distributions.
- Enhanced 3D graphics support for DirectX 11 and up to 8GB of vGPU Memory.
- Leverage VM Snapshots, Clones and virtual networking for maximum efficiency.
- Move and access your virtual machines easily across VMware infrastructure.
- Build, Push, Pull and Run OCI Container Images with the new vctl CLI.
- Encrypt and build restricted or expiring Virtual Machines.
- Run Workstation virtual machines and containers alongside WSL2 and Hyper-V on Windows.
- Memory: 2GB Minimum/4GB Recommended.
- CPU: 3 GHz or faster.
- Hard disk space: 1.2GB or more.
Supported Host Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Note: Windows 7 is not supported
Supported Guest Operating Systems
More than 200 operating systems are supported, including the following.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.X
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Oracle Linux
Downloading and Installation of VMware Workstation Pro 16 Evaluation
1. Download VMware Workstation Pro Evaluation from the link below.
After downloading the software, run the setup file, and click “Next.”
2. In the License Agreement, select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click “Next“.
3. Click “Next” after selecting “Enhanced keyboard driver” and “Add VMware Workstation console tools into system PATH.”
4. Select “Check for product updates on startup” and click “Next”.
5. At shortcuts, select “Desktop” and “Start Menu Programs Folder” and click “Next”.
6. Click “Install” to install VMware Workstation Pro.
7. After the installation is completed, click Finish.
8. VMware Workstation 16 Pro 30-day evaluation.
After the evaluation period is over, you cannot use the VMware Pro version. You have to buy the paid version to use the software.
You can buy VMware Workstation 16 Pro from the link below.
Another option is that you should download and install VMware Workstation Player, which is free for non-commercial and personal use.
Follow our post below on how to install VMware Player on Windows 10.
VMware Workstation is a hosted hypervisor that supports x86 and x64-bit architectures and runs on Windows or Linux host operating systems. In this blog post, we learned how to download and install VMware Workstation on Windows 10.