In this blog post, we will learn about Veeam Agent for Windows Free Edition, its features, system requirements, and how to download and install the backup software for Windows operating systems.
What is Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Free Edition?
Veeam Agent for Windows Free is a free backup software for the Windows operating system from Veeam. You can back up your desktop or laptop PC to an external drive, NAS, or a Veeam backup and replication repository.
You can quickly recover your computer system in case it is unable to start due to hard disk failure, system crashes, or virus infection damaging the system files. It is available in three editions: Server, Workstation, and Free.
Features, Editions, and System Requirement
- Free Windows backup solution
- Easy to use interface
- Multiple backup and recovery options
- Protect your data for free
- Crypto locker protection
- Veeam bootable recovery media which include bare metal restore
Veeam Agent for Windows Production Editions
Server Edition: As the name suggests, the server edition is the commercial edition with full features for Microsoft Windows operating systems. It is intended for performing data protection tasks on servers. The license must have several instances, which is enough to protect a machine with the Server product edition.
Workstation Edition: It is the commercial edition for desktop computers and laptops that run the Microsoft Windows operating system. It is intended for performing data protection tasks on desktop and laptop computers. The license must have several instances that are enough to protect a machine with the Workstation product edition.
Free Edition: It is a free edition for personal use with limited features that is sufficient for personal use, and it does not require a license to use.
- Memory: 2GB or more
- CPU: x86-64 processor
- Disk space: 200MB for installation
- System firmware: BIOS or UEFI
- Supported operating system: Both 32 and 64 bits Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10 (starting from version 1803 up to version 20H2)3, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP12, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Windows Server Semi-Annual Channel (from version 1803 to version 20H2), Microsoft Windows Server 2016, and Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- File System: Microsoft Windows FAT32/exFAT, NTFS, ReFS file systems are supported
Donwloading and Installation
Let’s see now how to download and install Veeam Agent for Windows Free Edition.
Visit the below link to download the software.
Click “Download Now“. It will ask you for the registration page. Complete the registration and then it will take you to the download page.
Unzip the file and run the setup file. Select “I agree to the terms and conditions” and then click Accept.
One window will pop up and ask you to insert the backup target as a USB flash drive. If you want to backup your server, workstation, or laptop, then insert a USB flash drive.
We will configure a backup later, so we choose to skip this. I will configure the backup later and click next.
Installation of Veeam Agent for Windows has been completed. Click Finish. It will open the Veeam recovery media creation wizard.
Follow our post below on how to install Veritas Backup Exec.
The Veeam Agent for Windows free edition is a very useful tool for personal use, allowing you to backup, restore, and perform bare metal recovery on your Windows operating system.