In this blog post, we will learn how to perform a backup of your entire computer system image using Veaam Agent for Microsoft Windows.
The Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows allows you to backup an entire computer image, an individual volume or folders on your computer. In this example, we will take the entire computer backup.
It’s always a good practice to take a backup of your entire computer. You can restore your computer from the backup image file in case your computer is unable to boot due to hard disk failure, malware attacks, or any other reason.
Entire Computer Backup in Veeam Agent for Windows
1. Launch the Veeam Agent for Windows backup wizard, then click Add New Job.
2. Provide a backup name and description for identification, then click Next.
3. Choose “Entire computer” and click Next.
4. Choose where you want to backup your data to. It is highly recommended that you do not store your backups on the same computer that you are protecting. Click Next.
5. Select the drive where you can store your computer backup and specify the number of days you want to store the backup file at the target location, then click Next.
6. At the scheduled backup job, select daily and specify the time and day when the backup must start, or you can leave it unchecked to continue the backup job without a schedule, then click Apply.
7. Review the backup job summary before executing, then click Finish and wait for the backup process to complete.
You can follow our article on how to create recovery media with Veeam Agent for Windows.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows allows you to take a backup of your entire computer. You can restore your computer from the backup image file in case your computer is unable to start due to a malware attack, boot loader failure, or operating system corruption.