In this article, we will learn how to register and use Autodesk’s free online file viewer for viewing 2D, 3D, DWG, DXG, STEP, and other CAD file formats.
What is the Autodesk Free Online File Viewer
The Autodesk free online viewer is a browser-based freeware specifically for 2D and 3D files, including DWG, STEP, DWF, RVT, and Solidworks, that supports over 80 file types on any device. It is very helpful when you want to open, view, mark, measure, share, and print 2D and 3D files.
You don’t need to install any software on your computer or mobile device. You just need an active internet connection and browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Autodesk Free Online File Viewer Registration
The registration process is very simple. Click on the below link and follow the steps mentioned below.
1. After opening the link for registration, click “View now”.
2. Click on “Sign up for free” and fill in the information. Select the Autodesk terms agreement, and then click “Create Account”.
3. You will get a verification email. Click on the link to verify your account.
4. Select the checkbox if you want to receive Autodesk marketing emails, then click “Done“.
Upload and View CAD Files
1. Log on to your Autodesk account and to upload the CAD file, click “Upload new file.”
2. You can “Drag & Drop” or select a file or folder.
3. If you get the following message, “.dwg uses more than one file”. Then click on the folder and select the entire folder.
4. After adding a file, click “Upload” to upload and view the file.
Follow our article below on the best STEP file viewer free software list.
The Autodesk free file viewer is a very handy browser-based 2D and 3D file viewer that allows you to view CAD files online very quickly without installing the software on your computer or mobile device.